HSA and HIV?

I am HIV+ and in a group plan right now. I want to find a way to have independent coverage in an economical way so that I am not tied to working for someone else for the rest of my life. It looks like Ill have to move to a HIPAA policy if I decide to get an individual policy. Is there any way that I can also use a HSA -Health Savings Account, to get tax advantages and make my money work harder for me? Im not sure I really understand how the HSA works and if I can use it since I have a pre-existing condition.

Any advice?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

There are several sources of information on available HSA's and how they work. Some websites to check are or or the US Treasury's site which provides many booklets on HSA's. If you Google HSA, you will find many other sources of information that will help you determine what would work best for you.

Health Insurance Internationally
Insurance for self-employed