Aug 11, 2005
Is there medical insurance that an AIDS patient can purchase or pay for on a personal level and if so what is the estimated cost?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
There are individual policies that are available to individuals with HIV, such as a HIPAA policy if you had prior group coverage and did not have a break in coverage of greater than 63 days, major risk insurance coverage (available in some states, including California), etc. You should contact a local insurance broker to determine what is avialable in your state.
HIPPA and small group
Should I SIgn Up For Insurance?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Vaginal Sex
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Tattoo
- Gave Oral Sex Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Is Oral Ulcers A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.