|Employer is Self Insured
Aug 10, 2005
My Company is self-insured. Does this mean they are able to review any medical bills that are related to and including testing HIV positive?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
A self-insured employer has access to certain information to the extent it is needed in the administration of the plan. For example, an employer would know how much is spent on a certain diagnosis which would be necessary for determining cost, funding, design, etc. but usually not who has incurred expenses related to that diagnosis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.