SSI Insurance

I have worked Full Time for 25 years. I am 42. I was diagnosed 8 years ago with Full Blown AIDS, less then 50 t-cells. I have built my immune system up, but now I was diagnosed with HEP-B and my Liver is giving me problems. My question is: After 25 years of full time employment am I a candidate for SSI disability Ins. ? Or do I have to be on my DEATH BED? Thank You..

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You would be a candidate. There is a five calendar month waiting period before benefits begin. You should work with your doctor in applying for the benefits so that you have the best chance in qualifying. However, please be prepared to appeal SSA's decision in the event benefits are denied.

pre-existing condition?
HIV and mucous membrane exposure