Fed & Afraid

I am a Federal employee and was just 2 1/2 years ago diagnosised with AIDS. (No not just HIV+, in full blown AIDS)

I am having difficulties in keeping up both my energy and my attendance at work. Also I have exhausted all of my sick & annual leave due to related illness & medical treatments.

I am just 8 years from early retirement at age 57, but don't think that I can manage to work the full eight years in my current high pressure position. I know you'll say find another position, but that is easier said than done! I work in a very conservative part of the government and I do not want to ever disclose my status, but I do need to find a specialist in FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) that can do the question & research for me without disclosing my identity or having to apply for disablity benefits in order to obtain information.

Can you or any of the readers of this column give me the name & contact information for a good FERS benefits professional?

Thanks,

Response from Ms. Breuer

We don't have a referral for you, but of course we'll post this to see if someone else does. Also, please try www.ofbenefittoall.com to see if they address this question.

Third party law suit mess need help!!!
Gay HIV POZ Law Enforcement Officer