Third party law suit mess need help!!!

I have a third party law suit from an injury on the job. Almost four years ago, I was injured on a job by a worker from another company. A little over a year ago I was diagnosed HIV Positive. Just to make things more complicated I am a bi-sexual married male. I just met with my lawyer today and because I had some back problems years ago they are saying that this injury which should have killed me, was only a glancing blow. I had to have surgery on my low back as part of this case. Now because of my HIV Positive they are trying to use that against me so they will not have to pay anything. Because L&I was a part of this they want to get there money back which is about $114,000.00 plus four years of my lawyers help. I was not able to work for about 3-1/2 years of this time because of my injuries and going to doctors. I am wondering if there is a lawyer I can talk to about this here to see if I should change lawyers? Please Help ASAP.

Response from Ms. Breuer

We aren't lawyers, so we aren't qualified to comment on this kind of question. You could try a phone call to the state's bar association or your local ACLU, asking for a referral to a lawyer who specializes in cases involving HIV. Beyond that, I'm afraid I'm not much help.

Follow-up to HIV Disclosure to Partners - a reference for Criminal Statutes on HIV Transmission
Fed & Afraid