Would this be an acceptable way to get through the job health questionnaire?

Hello, I am going to a new job and I'd like to not have to disclose my HIV to my employers. I will to the insurance company, but I don't want my employers to know. I will be working in a hospital, but will be in the lab with no patient contact. On the questionnaire, there is a question that technically HIV would fit. If I got my doctor to write a letter that says that I have no conditions that would prevent me from being productive, would that be an acceptable out? I am just afraid of discrimination. Thanks.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes. You have every reason to be concerned about discrimination, which is apparently becoming fashionable again in some quarters. I encourage you to obtain that letter from your doc. This is the solution we most often recommend. Note: if your doc works in an infectious disease practice, encourage his/her use of a more generic letterhead!

Grants For School
PLEASE HELP