The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Grants For School
Jul 14, 2005

Is there an agency that helps people living with HIV obtain money for school. I need to change careers because I no longer can do the job that I have done for the past 10 years. Thank You for you help.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please start with your local AIDS service organization on this one. This kind of program is becoming increasingly rare as more people living with HIV run into financial emergencies. Check as well with your local Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. That's where the government money to fund such career changes goes. As a person with a disability, you are likely to qualify for their help. It isn't specifically HIV-related. In fact, they may have little experience with persons with HIV. But work with them; they'll get the connection.

Would this be an acceptable way to get through the job health questionnaire?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint