HIPAA policy - What exactly is this?

I'm currently enrolled with BCBS in an individual PPO plan. Recently, I was diagnosed as HIV+, but asymptomatic and in good health. This diagnosis was done just over 12 months from effective date of coverage. I have heard/read so many problems with Insurance Cos dropping members because of the HIV status. If this were to happen to me, of course I would appeal, but could I get a HIPPA Policy? What is this? How does it work? How long can I have it for? Is there any website that describes this type of policy? Can't seem to find a straight answer about it. Thanks for your help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

HIPAA applies to group health plans. Since you are covered under an individual policy, a HIPAA policy would not apply to you as HIPAA provides no protection if you switch from one individual plan to another. If you were to lose your current coverage, depending on where you live, there might be major risk medical plan. For example, California offers such a plan. However, coverage is limited.

JOB ASKING ME
Life after COBRA