FBI Special Agent

I have always wanted to become a special agent with the FBI. I start applying for the position, but they require a copy of my medical records. Can HIV disqualify me for this position? I know that training is very physical and can cost cuts and bruises. If I do qualify will my medical records be kept confidential with the FBI agency?

Response from Ms. Breuer

We have posed questions similar to this (security clearance-related questions)to people in government who have responsibility for these issues. We have been told consistently that HIV is not a barrier to such jobs.

Everyone gets cuts and bruises. You'll be expected not to leave your blood lying around--just like everyone else.

Your employer must keep your medical records private, yes. The government often writes legislation that exempts itself, though, so the privacy question (stated generally, not in terms of your own diagnosis) is a good one for the hiring process.

What is reasonable accomadtion for employers in Washington State?
JOB ASKING ME