Jun 15, 2005
Do I need to disclose my status to my dentist ( i plan to ) and can he or she refuse to treat me?
Response from Ms. Breuer
You are correct: to treat you knowledgeably, a dentist does need to know your HIV status.
Can that person refuse you? Not legally. If he or she does refuse to treat you based on your diagnosis, please report that refusal in a complaint to your state's dental association.
HIPPA or Privacy violation?
What is reasonable accomadtion for employers in Washington State?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Male Genital Warts?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Vaginosis With Uti Symptoms
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.