Michigan DOT Physical required by company's doctor?

I'm returning to work after a twenty-three month leave from an automobile accident. I have obtained a DOT medical certificate from my doctor. Can the company I work for force me to go for a Michigan DOT physical with their own doctor? The company doctor isn't a company employee, they are any number of doctors employed by local emergency / walk-in clinics.

The company has no policy for a general physical for newly hired employees. Since this accident was in no way work related, and I have slips from my attending doctors and surgeons showing return to work without any restrictions, can the company require me to see their doctors for a general physical?

In either case, can they require me to go to their clinic on my own time?

Thank you

Response from Ms. Breuer

The answer to the question hinges on general policy: if they require this for everyone in your job category, then it's not worth fighting. If they require it for everyone who's been out on disability for a serious injury, then it's not worth fighting.

I don't see any reference to HIV in your question. Is it involved?

Restrictions and policy for HIV + nursing graduate
Legal obligation to disclose mentally-ill brother's HIV status?