|hospital policy for employment
May 11, 2005
i am HV POS and trying to get a job at a hospital as a lab assistant...is there Hospital policy with HIV POS not to be accepted..
| Response from Ms. Breuer
Pleasea check the postings on this site from people who want to be nurses. You'll be encouraged. And as a lab assistant, you'd be highly unlikely to pose a risk to anyone. You do not have to disclose your status in an interview. Just be sure when you're hired that you familiarize yourself with the hospital's policy. Hospital boards set their own policies with respect to HIV, hepatitis and other bloodborne illnesses.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.