Can I be forced to return to work

Thank you for taking my question. This website has helped me more than any other site I have come across. Thank you. A little history about myself. Contracted hiv in Nov. 1991, full AIDS since 1992 and went on long term disability in 1994. I have about 16 different medical conditions I am dealing with including left and right hip replacements, wasting and high-grade dysplasia cells to name a few. I am also resistant to most of the hiv medications except for 4. The good news is that I started the salvage drug trial Pfizer 1027 in December and my viral load went from over 750,000 to undetectable in three months and my cd4 went from 99 to 244 in the same period of time. I am surprised and excited about that, but also worried. My question is with my lab results doing so well can I be forced to return to work or there other factors involved in determining disability. I still feel bad most of the time and it has really begin to worry me that I will be forced to return to work when I would probably be fired for not being able to do any job due to my other health conditions and a very low energy level. I am sorry this is so long, but I felt I needed to give you a little history about my health and not just the numbers. Thank you so much.

Response from Ms. Breuer

CD4 counts alone are not a significant basis for forcing to return to work. Talk with your health care provider to be sure that your file reflects the limitations, diagnoses and restrictions in activities of daily life (ADLs, to insurance folk) that you still face. If your file accurately reflects your condition, you should not be a reasonable target for a disability insurer eager to purge the rolls.

This is not a promise, of course--it's a precaution.

legal cases with HCV
hospital policy for employment