Retuning to work

Hi thanks for all the info on this site.Im on SSDI and thinking of returning to work but i dont know if i would be denied coverage because of me being positive.I get insurance thru the HIPPA plan and my case worker pays the premium.Will i be able to continue with HIPPA while i work or would i have to apply for the company medical benifits.Also i was thinking of moving to Chicago,IL and was wondering if i could transfer my plan(Unicare under HIPPA) or should i apply for medicare or medicad. Thanks you!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you return to work and become eligible for health care coverage from an employer, I do not know if the agency through which you have your case worker would still pay the premium on your HIPAA policy. A HIPAA policy is typically more expensive and provides less coverage than a group program offered through an employer. You should check with your case worker to determine how this would be handled. If you move to Chicago, you would have to look into plans that were available in the Chicago area. I do not know if your current plan through Unicare is an HMO, a PPO, an indemnity plan,etc. and what the areas of coverage are. The best way to determine whether or not the plan would extend coverage in the Chicago area would be to contact Unicare directly.

Intermittent paid family leave denied
Additional insurance