Intermittent paid family leave denied

Hi.i'm HIV positive and I work as a flight attendant for a major airline. I was aloud to take intermittent paid family leave for up to 4 days a month every month up to a limit of 240 hrs a year.This paid hours would come out of my sick bank...hours that i had earned during my career... if i used all my hours then i won't get paid. When i have to renew my FML this year it was denied... How can i aproach this problem from a legal point of view...how do i get the policy that states that the fact of having HIV doesn't entitle an employee from getting approved for intermittent family leave ... having those days off was a bliss for me since our tight schedules and high time trips made me really tired some times. I haven't actually started on my meds yet so i would like to preserve my health as much as i can. Thanks!!!

Response from Ms. Breuer

I'm not sure I understand your situation. Have you used up your sick bank hours? Have you used the FMLA application form to take intermittent leave in the past? Has the refusal been in writing? It may be a misunderstanding. FMLA leave is unpaid leave.

The statement that confuses me is about getting the policy about having HIV not entitling someone to intermittent family leave. Please give me more information, and let me know in the first sentence that you're writing back to clarify, okay? We don't see your email address when we respond to questions. We see only your question. So I'll need a clue that you're writing back to clarify. Thanks.

Live Organ Donor Denied Life Insurance
Retuning to work