Insurance Health Questionnaire

I recently started a new job with a company in VA and on their Insurance enrollment form there is a question asking if I am HIV positive. I have been positive for a few years, but this is the first time I've been asked this question on an insurance enrollment form. The company is pretty small and the office manager is the one who will receive the forms, since we do not have a HR Department, and I don't feel comfortable with her knowing about me. Do I have to answer this question on the form or is there some way of getting around it?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I don't understand why the company would have you send the completed form to the office manager instead of to the insurance company. With the HIPAA regulations, the office manager could not discclose what she sees on the form. In addition, if I were here, I would be hesitiant to have that information in light of all the HIPAA privacy regulations. I would check into sending the form directly to the insurer.

health insurance
Short Term / Long Term Disability - Health Benefits