|is medicare considered a "group from HIPAA standpoint?
Mar 24, 2005
I have medicare part A and B from Social Security Disability.I will be going off of SSDI to return to work..I have had no interuption of health insurance for 40 years but Medicare has been my last coverage.Is Medicare considered a "group" insurance from the HIPAA standpoint to be considered Federally Eligible?Ie Can I get guaranteed health insurance? I know that you have to have 18 months of continous coverage with at least the last day being under a group...but I don't know if Medicare is considered to be a group.Thanks!
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Coverage under Medicare (Part A or B) is consisdered Creditable Coverage for purp[oses of HIPAA.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.