|applying for employment with USPHS
Mar 24, 2005
i am considering applying for employment with the US Public Health Service (altho i have been positive for 2 yrs now)...should i just forget about it b/c of my health status? the USPHS website states that applicants should "meet medical and licensure/certification/registration requirements." I'm in a quandary.
Thank you, SR
Response from Ms. Breuer
Go ahead and apply. I know of no reason that you should not join the legions of HIV-positive people who already work for the USPHS. I don't know specifically what job you want, but I cannot imagine one where HIV would interfere unless it involves doing invasive surgical procedures. Short of that, get that application in!
HIV+ Works Overseas For US Company
planning to go to med school
- Purple Spots Could I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.