applying for employment with USPHS

i am considering applying for employment with the US Public Health Service (altho i have been positive for 2 yrs now)...should i just forget about it b/c of my health status? the USPHS website states that applicants should "meet medical and licensure/certification/registration requirements." I'm in a quandary.

Thank you, SR

Response from Ms. Breuer

Go ahead and apply. I know of no reason that you should not join the legions of HIV-positive people who already work for the USPHS. I don't know specifically what job you want, but I cannot imagine one where HIV would interfere unless it involves doing invasive surgical procedures. Short of that, get that application in!

HIV+ Works Overseas For US Company
planning to go to med school