Denied Insurance Claim Due to HIV

I was recently hospitalized with Pneumocystitis carini infection for which I received treatment. During my hospitalization, I was for the first time diagnosed with HIV.

I have an expatriate comprehensive insurance policy which provides HIV/AIDS coverage. However, I was denied my financial compensation claim on the basis of my HIV status and an exclusion in the policy for any "treatment for sexually transmitted disease" and the link to my HIV status (even though treatment was not for HIV but for pneumonia). That the company (Goodhealth International) offers a provision for HIV/AIDS but denies based on the fact that HIV can be sexually transmitted sounds like a contradiction of terms.

Where can I go for help to address what I believe is a wrongful denial of a claim for an international expatriate insurance policy?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I think you should contact an attorney or a legal aid office that works with discrimination due to HIV status.

Cobra not considered 'trustworthy'-can we do HIPAA?
New Fill