Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

HIv Poz Im Nursing school

I recently found out I'm Hiv Poz. I'm in my second year of nursing school. Will this stop me from being licsencd in NY or CA? Also I heard you can't be licensec as a hairdresser in Ny if you are HIV positive. Is this true?

Response from Ms. Breuer

There are several dozen variations of this question by now on this site, so you have a wealth of responses you can check for this question. In short, please take all that worry energy and invest it in becoming the best nurse you can be. Your status will not interfere with licensure.

I'd be amazed if the hairdresser thing were true. If you're choosing between the two jobs, consider them both open possibilities.

Legal obligations for health care workers
Donating body to Medical Research