|Legal obligations for health care workers
Feb 23, 2005
Are health care workers, including physicians, surgeons, nurses, etc., under any legal obligation to reveal their HIV+ status to employers and/or patients?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
This is one of the most common questions posted here. Please scroll through some of the answers for an expanded response to your query. In short, requirements about disclosure of HIV status are set by local hospital boards, not by federal legislation or even state legislation. And I know of no healthcare environment that requires revealing HIV status to patients. That would be a gross violation of the health care worker's privacy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.