Violation of Privacy

Hello, I have been working for my employer for 7 years and I recently was offered a different position and I accepted. In my old position I was supervisor with 6 direct reports. I have recently been informed by one of my old subornates that my old boss is teling personal information about myself that was completely confidential. For example, I was placed on a Performance improvement plan about 1 year ago and I never spoke about that to my team because it's none of their business, but my old boss felt the need to tell them and that is completly agains my company rules. I want to know can I personally sue him or do I have to sue the company? I am really upset about this, I have a great reputation and want to keep it.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Is there an HIV angle to this question somehow? We're not a legal advice site, and the three of us in this forum aren't lawyers. Please redirect your question to an attorney. Thanks.

Health Insurance
HIV vs. HCV pre-employment blood testing