Is there any place to go

Not having luck finding anyone who will even talk to me over the phone about insuring me. I have Life insurance through work, but know that someday I might not be able to work and would like to have a 2nd policy. I am also looking for disability insurance (which i hope I will never need). Do the providers take into account your general health and duration of the virus in your system when making their decision to cover you or not? Thanks for your help with this confusing matter.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

There are insurance companies that will sell you a life insurance policy. As of December 2004, Physicians Life, Mutual of Omaha and NY Life (for members AARP) would sell life insurance to individuals who are HIV+. I am unaware of any disability policies available. However, you could check with an insurance broker in NY.

Confidentialioty with Self-Insured Plan
Health Insurance