Laid off-Insurance cancelled

I was recently laid off (down-sized) but I am still working for the same company until the end of this year. I tried to get a prescription filled before any insurance changes happened and I was told that I was no longer covered. Can my soon to be former employer cancel my insurance 2 weeks before my last day without even notifying me? Thank you!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Assuming your employer has at least 20 employees, you would have to be provided with a notice of your COBRA rights which would allow you to continue coverage. This notice would advise you when your coverage ended and what you would have to do to continue coverage for a period of up to 18 months.

Disability if hardly worked?
scared about switching health plans