Follow up to LTD Types of Work

In response to your reply to my question that was answered here on October 15, 2004, my policy definition is as follows:

My LTD Benefit Policy includes a Dual definition of disability "own occupation" for 36 months or 20 percent or greater loss of income. The second part of this seems to indicate "any occupation" although not specified as such. Is this a correct assessment? Thank you again.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I agree that the language is not clear. I would interpret it the way you are, i.e., that during the first 36 months the definition of disability is either: (1) you are unable to perform the functions of your own occupation; or (2) you cannot perform the functions of any other occupation which would provide you with an income of at least 80% of what you were earning prior to your illness or injury.

Florida medicaid to DC
AB2208 Domestic Partnership gets Medical Coverage same as spouse