Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Follow up to LTD Types of Work
Jan 7, 2005

In response to your reply to my question that was answered here on October 15, 2004, my policy definition is as follows:

My LTD Benefit Policy includes a Dual definition of disability "own occupation" for 36 months or 20 percent or greater loss of income. The second part of this seems to indicate "any occupation" although not specified as such. Is this a correct assessment? Thank you again.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I agree that the language is not clear. I would interpret it the way you are, i.e., that during the first 36 months the definition of disability is either: (1) you are unable to perform the functions of your own occupation; or (2) you cannot perform the functions of any other occupation which would provide you with an income of at least 80% of what you were earning prior to your illness or injury.

Previous
Florida medicaid to DC
Next
AB2208 Domestic Partnership gets Medical Coverage same as spouse

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.