Florida medicaid to DC

Hi Lynn, I am a graduate student at Gallaudet University. I am confused with my Florida medicaid and medicare. I am still a Florida resident but I realized that I am not eligible to get any medicaids in District Columbia because I am a student in DC and enrolled at Gallaudet University. The school charged me $1,400.00 for my health insurance in a year. I cannot use my Florida Medicaid but I am still a Florida residential. I don't want to change or cancel my Florida medicaid or medicare. How can I get a medicaid in DC? Do I have to change my health plans as a transfer students? The reason, why I am in DC is because Gallaudet University offered for deaf students in Deaf Studies. Hope you can help me out to get a health insurance for deaf students who happened to live in DC from Florida. I need to know what can I do with my Florida Medicaid and medicare? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Victor

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Victor,

I am not familiar with how Medicaid works in DC or Florida. I suggest that you contact a legal aid group at the university or in the area as they should be able to help you.

Lynn

Is this legal????
Follow up to LTD Types of Work