The case of "Shaky Hands"

I'm having a problem that's affecting my job performance. I used to be able to write as fast as you can imagine but in the last couple of years I seem to have lost this ability and now find my hand shakes to the point where writing becomes frustrating and painful both physically and psychologically. I work with an investments and benefits broker so there is a lot of forms to fill out by hand. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Does your HIV doc know that this is happening? That it's affecting your work? If not, please waste NO time in making an appointment and seeing if you can defeat this. In the interim, please look at the bottom of the forms to see who manufactures them. Call them to ask if they have computer-friendly versions of the same form. In general, accuracy and legibility go up if forms are completed on the computer rather than by hand, so I'd think this would be a positive step for your whole office. Perhaps the office manager knows about other versions of the form. You don't have to disclose your condition to learn about this. You can say, quite honestly, that you have a medical condition that is complicating your filling them out by hand, and couching your request as a reasonable accommodation. I would think that they've faced this before, with carpal tunnel syndrome, for example.

can I continue in this field for long
merry christmas and happy new year!