HIV+ Surgical Tech & Desperate for help

Nancy, Im HIV+ and I have recently completed Surgical Tech School. I have moved to Florida on the Gulf Coast and wanted to get a job in the field as an Surg. Tech. Is there any hope for me??? Most of the feed back I have receved said its up to Hospital. My School knew about my condition and said I wouldnt have any problems getting a job and to stay with the program. Were they wrong in telling me this??

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes, the decision is up to the hospital, and no, they weren't wrong in telling you to hang in there. Whether you have a problem getting a job in your field is partly a matter of your attitude and partly a matter of the nature of the hospital board where you apply, because that's where the decisions about bloodborne infections are made. It isn't a matter of state or region--it's the hospital. I'd advise you to interview in several places, be optimistic and positive and focus on your skills, not your diagnosis, be professional, and go with a hospital that treats you well.

Regarding to your answer
Looking for job in new state...