facing pre employment physical. quick question

I'm facing a pre-employment physical for a desk job. I prefer my own physicians and am rather uncomfortable with some of the tests and exams that they have me down for. Would I automatically be rejected if I didn't submit to everything? Would I have any recourse if those tests did not apply to my position? Thanks in advance.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Remember the purpose of the pre-employment physical: to make sure you're able to fulfill the essential functions of the job. They use their own docs mostly in self-protection. The docs normally do not knock themselves out in this exam. I can't tell you whether you'd automatically be rejected if you didn't submit to everything, but I can encourage you to ask with respect to every procedure: "What does this have to do with a desk job? Is this procedure necessary? I'd prefer that we not pursue this one. I'm happy to provide a note from my own physician if there are specific questions about something."

If the tests don't apply to your position, you could always ask that they be skipped. You have an offer in hand, so if they want more information, they can let you know. I'm guessing you won't hear a peep.

life insurance
HIV+ working in Hospital