Will I lose my disiability if I try to go back to work?

I hve been drawing disablity from my former work for about 8 months. I have been turned down for social security. I have appealed. The lawyer told me it might take a year. I have not worked in 15 months. I have been hiv positive for 10 years. I can't make it on what I draw and am thinking about trying to go back to work if my company would let me. When I went on disability I was termnated so They really wouldn't have to let me come back. I would like to work so I could have more money and get out of the house, however if I was unable to work then would my disability be gone ? I would have nothing and would be starting over for social security. I have no one to advice me.

Thank you for some direction on this decision.

Sincerly

J Collins

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you return to work, what happens with your disability coverage under your long term disability (LTD) plan depends on the provisions in your plan. If there are provisions relating to successive periods of disability, recurrent disability or residual disability, you should review them carefully to see how they would apply if you were to return to work and then become unable to continue working due to an HIV-related illness.

Hipaa and preexisting conditions
the same old