new policy and cobra

Hello, I am currently on Cigna health insurance through cobra. My partner has the same insurance but he is still working. We worked for the same company but I am no longer there due to health reasons. My cobra runs out at the end of the year but I have signed up on his insurance policy as a domestic partner and it starts on Jan 1rst. My question is if I let my cigna policy run out at the end of this month..will it effect me getting on his cigna policy starting jan...my cobra is $300 a month and we cant afford the payment this month..I am healthy and have enough HIV drugs on hand to get me through for 30 days without insurance I am just worried that I could get denied for letting it lapse?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I think you sent this question three times. It has already been answered.

PLEASE ANSWER ASAP
Medicaid and Financial Award