Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Train wont stop going -- No way to slow down.
Nov 21, 2004

Dear Nancy,

I posted here several months ago under the title "Terrified at Work". You asked that I check back in with you at some point.

Unfortunately my ride has only gotten wilder. My eyes, damaged by HIV, burn constantly while I am at work. The meds tear into my stomach. I just keep getting more and more responsibilites. I am on the road constantly now. Different cities. Different beds. Different cars. Where the hell am I today? Long hours. I can't sleep. Just eating makes my stomach hurt.

My ID doctor suggested that I take a vacation to lower my stress level. However, I turned it into a quest to fulfill a suicide pact. I won't go into the details but my vacation was like something out of a bad made-for-TV movie. I told the doc about it and I can understand why he doesn't close the door when I go to the clinic.

I am rapidly coming to conclusion that (1) I just want out and (2) I am worth more dead than alive. Unfortunately my state has a seven day waiting period on gun purchases but I filled out the form this afternoon. I am hoping to make it until my birthday in December.

Damn it all to Hell. I guess some people are just destined to come to bad ends.

Response from Ms. Breuer

No one is destined to come to a bad end. In my opinion, you are in urgent need of very good counseling at the hands of an HIV-knowledgeable psychotherapist. They work wonders--but only if you let them. Please get a referral from your ID doc and make going your first priority. It appears that your life depends on it.

Please. Now. Okay?

Previous
Employer asked my satus
Next
Workplace and HIV Employees

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.