Whats Happnes after Cobra?

Hi, I am about to run out of Cobra in three months. I am positive and understand from what I have read here that I can qualify if apply after using up my 18 months and applying for health insurance. My questions will the premiums be extremely high? Do you have to let them know your HIV positive?

Thank you for this site

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Once your COBRA coverage ends, there might be an option for conversion to an individual plan without providing any medical evidence. Check the terms of your health plan (in the SPD) to determine if conversion is available. Another option is to apply for coverage with an insurer that offers individual plans, like Blue Cross, Blue Shield, a local HMO, etc. If it is determined by the insurer that you do not qualify for a standard policy, you would be eligible to purchase a HIPAA policy as long as you don't have a break in coverage of greater than 63 days. HIPAA policies and conversion policies have higher premiums than standard-rated policies. Most applications will ask about your HIV status and you should answer that honestly.

Professional oragnization group medical plans
LTD - Types of Work