Newly diagnosed with HIV. Now what?

I have just been diagnosed with HIV and have not see the specialist yet but its scheduled. Also I was in the process of looking for a possibly buying a house as well. At work I have full benefits etc.

My questions are:

1. At work what if anything should I tell them or start checking into regarding this diagnosis. Pitfalls, things I should confirm with my insurance coverage, etc.

2. If I proceed with buying a house (which everyone has to me to move forward with), can I sign up for coverage that covers the mortgage if I get sick etc without telling them of my diagnosis or should I not persue that type of coverage?

Your advice & guidance would be appreciated.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Congratulations on the new job!

1. No, you have no obligation to tell anyone at work. To prep yourself for the kinds of bizarre things that might happen at work, read a bunch of the postings at this forum. Even the bizarre stuff can't faze you if you're mentally prepared. 2. Mortgage disability insurance: inquire about this when you talk with your mortgage broker. Just remember that you cannot lie on an application for insurance. That's called insurance fraud, and the penalties are crushing. If you don't have luck on the mortgage disability insurance, let me know, and I'll try to run something down for you. Fewer and fewer companies write this kind of insurance. OR: ask at work about the cost of buying additional life insurance on the policy you already have with them. If you set up the beneficiary information correctly, you could use that as a substitute for mortgage disability insurance.

Yes, buy the house. Live your life! Protect your own privacy and things should go fine for you.

Can I be a poz Paramedic?
citizenship