Tips on obtaining new life insurance

At the end of July, a reader wrote that 3 life insurance companies (Physicians Life, Mutual of Omaha, and New York Life) all issue life insurance policies with no medical questions asked. I was thinking of getting one and hoping to apply online. Unfortunately, the first one I tried, Physcians Life, wanted me to talk with a representative. Okay, but how do I handle that? It would seem that if I insist on a policy "with no health questions" that's a big red flag. To come out and say I'm doing this because I'm HIV+ is the biggest red flag of all. How would you suggest I go about this?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

New York Life and Guaranteed Trust Life Insurance Company issue life insurance policies to people who are HIV+. You should check with them on these policies. With respect to policies issued with no medical questions, I would suggest that you speak with the Physicians Life and tell the representative that you are applying for one of the "no health questions" policies. I would not disclose any health-related information to him.

ins. ended
About Hiv testing