Aug 11, 2004
I came in contact with a razor blade that was sitting on top of a big box. I work at a doctors office and we were in the process of moving and the builders left a lot of stuff laying around. The razor blade did not cut me, i barley toched it! I washed my hands with soap and I water and I also poured alchool and peroxide on them. do you think that I am okay?
Response from Ms. Breuer
I think the skin on your hands is probably chapped!
It didn't cut you. That means you were not exposed to hepatitis B. And it isn't an HIV-positive human, or a used needle and syringe, which means you weren't exposed to HIV. Please read a LOT more about HIV transmission to save yourself this needless worry.
Knowing a pt has HIV or AIDS...
Working as a cook with HIV
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.