life insurance

I am a recently diagnosed, I have a few life insurance policies. I am a bit hesistant from asking my HR office or the insurance co. about selling the policy. I am not sure if I can sell it and what the return is on it. i have only had the policy about two years though.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should check your summary plan description as it will outline whether or not you can sell the coverage or there might be a "Living Death Benefit" option which would allow you to access 50% of your coverage up to a stated dollar amount. You would have to follow the procedures outlined in order to avail yourself of either option.

Prescription Drugs
pre-existing condition = permanent exclusion for LTD?