Aug 1, 2004
Ive had private insurance through Blue Cross of Florida for over 16 years. I am trying to move to Minnesota, but when I applied for individual coverage from Blue Cross of Minnesota I was rejected because of my AIDS status. Is this allowed?! What other options do I have?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
They can deny you coverage under a standard policy but they must offer you coverage under their HIPAA policy as long as you don't have a break in coverage that is greater than 63 days.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.