Aug 1, 2004
Ive had private insurance through Blue Cross of Florida for over 16 years. I am trying to move to Minnesota, but when I applied for individual coverage from Blue Cross of Minnesota I was rejected because of my AIDS status. Is this allowed?! What other options do I have?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
They can deny you coverage under a standard policy but they must offer you coverage under their HIPAA policy as long as you don't have a break in coverage that is greater than 63 days.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.