Insurance HIV test responsibility

Hi-

A few years ago, my girlfriend at the time applied for new insurance via her family and in the process had an HIV test.

She was denied insurance through that company but never bothered to find out the exact reason why. The insurance company told her that her "records from school" was the reason why she was denied.

I know that "records from school" probably meant that they denied her on the basis of suicide attempts/eating disorders, etc. that she had had.

I guess the question is, what sort of responsibility does an insurance company have to tell a applicant that they are HIV positive?

Later on I found out she has insurance now.

Thanks.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I don't think they have any responsibility unless that is the reason they are denying the coverage and the person asks for the reason coverage was denied.

Cobra extension?
Stuck?