Cobra extension?

I am currently in my ninth month of Cobra coverage. It is my understanding that I may be eligible for an eleven month extension as I was declared disabled during this time and recieve SSD. My problem is as I read the rules I would have had to notify my Cobra admistrator of my intention to file an extension within sixty days of recieving my disability award notice. (It seems odd to me that I would need to file an extension when I still had a full year of Cobra coverage remaining.) I recieved the award notice April 11, 2004. Is it too late to apply for the extension?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

In order to extend COBRA coverage for the additional 11 months at 150% of the cost, you must have a Social Security determination letter that deems you disabled within 60 days of your COBRA coverage commencing. If your SS letter deems you disabled within 60 days of COBRA commencing and you notify your COBRA administrator within 60 days of receiving notice from SS, you would be eligilbe for the additional 11 months of coverage. Since you did not notify the COBRA administrator within 60 days of receiving your notice from SS, you would not be eligible for the additional 11 months of coverage.

Legal Issues for HIV positive person in large company
Insurance HIV test responsibility