Green Card and HIV+

Dr. Nancy Breuer,

Sometime ago, you responded to a question entitled (Awaiting Green card interview with HIV+STATUS) posed by Marcus.

I am in a similar situation and would want to share experiences with others experiencing HIV immigration restrictions.

If you know of Marcus's and others who would want to share this information, kindly let me know at via my email address address.

thanks - Pinoque

Posted: Apr 3, 2004

Please help. I have been living in the U.S. for 8 years, have obtained sponsorship through work and I am in the final stages of getting my permanent status. I tested poz here in the states about 4 years ago and I know that I have failed my medical exam. i HAVE BEEN DOING AS MUCH RESEARCH AS i CAN AND MY OUTLOOK FROM WHAT i SEE IS DISMAL. From what I have read , I will be immediately denied. i HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE THROUGH WORK. i DO NOT HAVE ANY RELATIVES here in the states and I am at my wits end. Do I have any hope. This is my home know and do not wish to return to the U.K.

Please can someone help me. Are there any new laws that are in process. I feel this id unfair to deny my greencard based in my HIV STATUS

Best regards,

Marcus

Response from Ms. Breuer

Dear Pinoque, The software for this forum blocks your email address from me, so the best way for you to share your experiences is to write them to us and we can post them. That way we can reach people who haven't even written in. If you want to form a group of people to share experiences, please include your email address in the body of your question. We can post it, and then others looking for responses on this issue can find you. Thanks for your help! (And the honorary doctorate, which I haven't earned.)

drug screening
whitch way do I go