HIV in the military

What is the policy about men in the military having HIV? Are they still permitted to serve with a positive test? I ask because Iwas in a relationship and practiced unprotected sex with a guy in the Navy for a few months when I was younger....he said that they get tested every 6 months and that he was always negative - this is why we started having sex without a condom. He is still serving and healthy, I just was curious about the policy for HIV in the military.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Knowing the military's policy is interesting, but are you aware that someone who is newly HIV positive is likely to test HIV negative for up to three months? That a person who is newly HIV positive probably has a skyrocketing viral load and is presumed to be more infectious than at any other time in the course of HIV disease? Whatever the military's policy may be, you need your OWN policy. If he's willing to have sex without a condom with you, he's having sex without a condom with others. What's your policy about protecting yourself?

Protecting you from HIV is NOT his job. It's yours. Please think this one through. And rather than watching him for indications of your own health, please get tested.

Disibility part 2
Can I Get Disability?