bullied & fired under the coverage of a layoff

I have been working for this big high-tech company for more than 5 years and had to handle a lots of jokes and rumors because they find out I was gay. I was in the closet, no ready to come out yet because of my carreer and other psychological issues I had. I have been bullied so many time that I got depressed, anxious and had to seek help from a therapist. I also made one suicide attempt which failed. I had to complain to HR but not officially and had no real proof because psychological harassement is not easy to document. Not long ago, I had to complain again to my manager but he ignored me. I went to his office to try to tell him what was happening but he shut me off. I didn't tell him anything and left angry. So I went to my Director unstead and gave him a written document with all the events (with no concrete proof) but told him not to bring it to HR but he did. Everyone hated me. HR investigated and questioned everyone. Neither HR nor my Director ever came to me with the result of the investigation. In the meantime, people worked together to have me out of the company. Latelly, the company went through a round of layoffs. I was among the first one laidoff. Days before the layoff, my team leader sent me an e-mail (with CC to my manager) asking me to send him a list of all the program I have been working on. I sent him my spreadsheet with all the information. Then He sent me another e-mail with two or three specific programs and asked me if they were under software control. I replyed saying "if it is not on my spreadsheet, then it is not under software control". I was really angry and anxious because I knew they were trying to do something to me. And they did. I heard them saying after I have sent this e-mail "we caught him". Few days after I left the company, someone I used to work with made me understand that I have been fired for unsubordination. Its been 8 months since I have been laidoff, I have hard time finding a job which makes me more anxious and depressed. I feel injustice has been done but there is nothing I can do since I have no real proof.

My question is: should I bring this issue to my new employer or no ? what if he find out about it from someone else ? how should I handle it ?

thanks

Response from Ms. Breuer

No, do not bring this issue to your new employer. You have no proof, as you have stated several times in your email. Without proof, you will come across as a crank, rightly or wrongly.

Whatever counseling you have had over this issue is incomplete. Please return for further counseling. THis is chewing you up inside, and you deserve to live better than that.

Taking meds
Risk of HIV+ Vet Assistant transmitting to coworkers through animal scratches/bites?