Dissability issue please reply

Dear Dr. Nancy Breuer, Dear Dr. Nancy you sound as if the Dr.'s get a browney button for getting someone off of dissability ,..or is it the bennifits that are more of a concern , Let me explain somthing to you from my own experience...perhaps I could be of some enlightenment .. I have worked hard all my life,.. and have earned a dissability pension as well as social security dissability,.. these are my golden years now. since there is no known long term side effects of meds how can you say that Aids is not a dissability,..! I have an immune system of a 95 year old man, the arsenol of medication alone in it self is a dissability ! Untill you have poped a few of these pills I strongely sugest you speak for your self and not on the behalf of others , As it is known people allready have to work untill they have one foot on a bananna peel and the other one in the grave yard , Ichoose to enjoy the rest of my life spending it with the enjoyment of my grandchildren , wife and our grown children, I strongly feel that any stress related activity ( such as a Job) has been proven to aggrivate a persons condition ( health )

Response from Ms. Breuer

Thanks for the doctorate, but I don't have one. What I do have is access to studies demonstrating that people living with HIV/AIDS who can work and do work tend to have better clinical outcomes than people who do not work. Not all stress is negative. Some of it is positive.

Please read again whatever response it was that made you think that I deny that AIDS qualifies as a disability. I have not said that.

We're all entitled to our opinions, of course. And that's what you ask for when you post a question on a Website (staffed by volunteers), because all we have to go on is what our correspondents write to us. My vote is always for the best quality of life a person can have, whatever that person's clinical status. Obviously, people have to decide for themselves what that means. I'm familiar with the point of view that a disability pension is something one has earned, and thus deserves. I just don't share it. I'm glad it exists and I pay for disability insurance myself, in case I should ever need it. I want everyone who qualifies for paid disability to receive it, but most of the many people with AIDS whom I know, have known over the years, and have loved have insisted that working is better. Their experiences and the research on the working/non-working HIV population forms my bias.

Have fun with the grandkids.

Waiting period for Insurance
Taking meds