ppo Regulation

Is it against regulation for a ppo md to schedual you an appt. if your on an HMO plan and you want to make arrangements to pay him in full at time of appt. just to get a second opinion from him, Kaiser treats me like a medical Id # instead of a patient like my previous ppo Doctor who was more concerned of me as a patient

Response from Ms. Franzoi

As long as the doctor you want to see for a second opinion agrees to see you on the basis that the visit will not be submitted to insurance and that you will pay in full, there would be nothing to prohibit you from seeing him. This is entirely up to the doctor. It won't affect your HMO coverage under Kaiser.

individual health insurance for hiv positive
Life insurance Accessible Life