individual health insurance for hiv positive

Hello. Thank you for this website! I need help and some of the questions/answers helped. I currently have health insurance in NC with my employer. I have been offered a position in another company that no longer provides health coverage as it was less expensive to have individual coverages reimbursed by the employer. I am hiv positive. Can I get indidual coverage at all? If so, any ideas where? and lastly is it typically drastically expensive? Thank you.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You would be able to continue your current health plan under COBRA after termination for up to 18 months (assumes that your current employer has 20 or more employees and therefore must offer COBRA). You would also be eligible for a HIPAA policy as long as you don't go more than 63 days without health care coverage. You should contact an insurance broker in your area to find out what is available.

Confused about Health Insurance
ppo Regulation