Confused about Health Insurance

Hello, I'm confused, please help! I'm currently employed but on a leave of abscence from my law firm. I have international coverage from this firm which is based in London. I'm leaving the firm in August because I'm mentally exhausted and not functioning well. I'm fortunate to have a relative who is willing to set up a trust fund to pay for my health insurance premiums for life. He said that I should figure out how much it will cost and which company to choose. I have no idea how to start! Are the better companies for people who are HIV+ who are living in the US and also abroad? Will any company negotiate a fixed premium for a long-term period? I'm terrified of contacting an insurance broker and telling them I'm HIV+ because I worry that no one will insure me! Any advice on this process would help. Thanks for your help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

The best way to get coverage is to contact an insurance broker in the area in which you will reside and find out all of the options available to you. I know of no insurance company that will write a health policy with a fixed premium for a long period of time. If you plan on living both in the US and abroad, this could complicate the situation as some plans, like an HMO, won't have coverage outside of their service area. Once again, a good insurance broker would be the best person to work with on this.

Long-Term Disability & Group Health Care
individual health insurance for hiv positive