|Studying Veterinary science
Jun 17, 2004
I am 25 years old and have been positive 18 months. I am considering studying veterinary science, but am concerned about whether this would be a wise career choice. Would working with animals on a daily basis pose a health risk to me?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
I've run this question past a leading HIV physician in Southern California, who says the only risks he's aware of would be cryptococcosis from pigeons or the unproven, theoretical risk of toxoplasmosis from cats. Check out the studies on toxo and cats; you will probably feel better after reading them.
We need more good vets! Check with your physician, but this career path does not look inordinately risky to me.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.